We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Building Services Estimator to be based in London.
Working hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm
To progress by following a structured development plan from an assistant or trainee to a fully competent building services estimator preparing estimates and proposals with the objective securing new orders from existing and new clients.
- Read and understand the client requests / documentation understand the project/program and its requirements
- Attend site visits as required across the UK as part of the bid process.
- Prepare material take off from drawings and specification.
- Labour loading of installation tasks.
- Obtaining specialist subcontractor and material costs.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Use of EMCOR Estimating package / PMF system to verify validity of bids.
- Provide information and prepare and compilation of estimates and proposal submissions
- Assist in the production of correspondence and documentation.
- Identification of a broad range of cost saving initiatives in line with contractual obligations.
- Update Pipeline Reporting System and to contribute, to the generation of Bid Management information reports.
- Progressing submitted tenders.
- Attend Divisional Bid Meetings.
- To have industry knowledge to keep abreast of competitors methodologies and industry developments.
- Proactive approach to the continuous improvement in communications, management procedures and systems to maximise profitability and improve operational efficiencies.
- Interactions with client organisations as required, providing meaningful reports and proactive data and information.
- Other duties as directed by the Bid Manager.