An exciting and challenging vacancy has arisen for an HSE Advisor to join our central HSE and compliance team, covering the the Nortth and Midlands region. (Company car / Car allowance provided)
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm (1 hour lunch)
Reporting to the UK Operational HSE Manager, you will drive and support the strategic growth and improvement of HSE Management and performance in the business through agreed duties and responsibilities, focusing upon the following areas:
- Act as the Northern HSE representative to ensure that all operational elements of EMCOR UK business meet with high standards of HSE at all times.
- Identify and report monthly Key Risks and Events by providing the business and UK HSE Operational Manager with a monthly HSE Report, summarised from allocated site operational data.
- Review and summarise all accidents on allocated sites on INTELEX, identifying root cause and mitigation.
- Set annual KPIs based around HSE Audit verification plan and monitor and report HSE Audit activity and corrective actions for the UK.
- Act as first point of HSE support for HSE requirements and risks identified by site Managers.
- Contribute in the development of existing behavioural Safety Culture within the business and champion campaigns to improve HSE culture and achieve Zero Accidents, i.e. WorkSmart CW3, STOP & Be Vigilant.
- Carry out Accident and Incident Investigations in line with EMCOR Investigation procedures, and produce adverse event reports.
- Champion and facilitate new H&S improvement initiatives such as ESkillz and INTELEX.
- Promote a culture of full compliance and continual improvement for all HSE requirements, ensuring compliance with legislation and company HSE policies is maintained and practised at all times.
- Support the business and UK HSE Operational Manager to maintain and improve ISO18001.
- Implement corporate HSE&Q requirements, initiatives & objectives to all associated BU operational activities. Take a role in the planning and delivery of innovations such as the Health, Safety & Wellbeing Annual Event.
- Have a portfolio of sites within the Northern Region and be responsible for supporting those sites with continuous improvement through H&S inspections, reports and audits.
- Assist and support allocated sites with the close out of HSEQ corrective actions.
- Provide necessary H&S Training to EMCOR staff as defined by the compliance training plan.
- Attend divisional business meetings and provide a summary report to participants on HSE performance and improvement areas within the business unit.
- Prepare a monthly HSE report to the UK operational HSE Manager, which includes summary of key risk and improvements.
- Deliver applicable Health & Safety training throughout the allocated region, working in close liaison with site managers and supervisors.
- Ensure all accidents are investigated and provide the Lead Health & Safety Advisor and UK HSE Operational Manager the required adverse investigation report.
- Carry out planned (IMS & H&S) audits of EMCOR UK sites using the new audit formats and carry out at least 12 Directors/Mangers Safety culture assessments.
- Development of site-specific procedures and documentation to control work and manage risk of all operational activities.
- Attend quarterly HSE Team meetings and report on site key risks.
- Support operational managers to meet their Key Performance Indicators outlined within the site specific HS&E Plans.
- Maintain and promote compliance to all H&S legislation, EMCOR UK policy and professional associations’ codes of practice.
- Report monthly to the Lead HSE Advisor on key risks identified on allocated contracts and complete the relevant INTELEX report.
- Maintain a high Management profile at all contract site locations, liaising with site Managers and Clients.