We are currently recruiting an operations manager within the Reading area to cover a number of different sites. The incumbent should have a vast amount of soft service experience, they need to be a strategic thinker and a natural problem solver. They should be able to work under pressure in a highly demanding environment.
Working hours: 0800 - 1700 Monday to Friday - variable depends on business needs
To effectively manage a portfolio of business, and to ensure high quality service standards and service delivery on the contracts. To manage and deliver agreed sales, performance KPI’s and profit targets and report to Management board
- To orchestrate and implement challenging growth plans for the contracts through continuous enterprising and strategic management.
- To regularly meet with customer interface representatives to communicate key contract issues in support of sustaining EFS’ and Client partnership values and smooth running of contracts.
- To provide innovation, vision, leadership, business development, best practice solutions and benchmarking across the portfolio of client sites.
- To take full profit and loss responsibility for the contract.
- To ensure an annual and forward business plan and budget is in place for the contract or contracts which will fulfil client cost down expectations, budgetary requirements and EMCOR shareholder’s profit share.
- To report to regional management any financial exceptions and other information as required.
- To ensure that appropriate the Team understand their responsibilities with regard to financial performance against budget and implement action to ensure that financial targets are met.
- To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of the operational activities within the region. EG: IMS, H&S, ISO14001, legislative.
- To attend scheduled and ad hoc meetings as required by the General Manager.
- To communicate relevant issues to management team when appropriate and proactively request support when required.
- To develop and inspire a professional team enabling them to meet both personal and business targets.
- To provide clear operational direction to Management and site staff across the portfolio.
- To ensure that regular communications are provided to all staff on contract, divisional and company performance in concert with Divisional Director.
- To agree and to regularly review clear performance objectives for each team member and to undertake an annual appraisal with each direct report.
- To provide technical and operational input to the contract.
- To implement and own mobilisation plans in line with roll out programme of client sites.
- To identify operational improvements and enhancements to meet with contractual requirement of continuous improvement.
- To ensure that the contract operates at the highest standards in terms of health and safety at all times minimising risk and maximizing the safety of our staff.
- To regularly monitor health and safety performance in concert with the H&S Associate.
- To ensure the service delivery is provided in line with the contractual commitments and the clients expectations.