We are recruiting for permanent Payroll Assistant to work within our Payroll Team based in Cheadle, temporarily and from May 2017 near Manchester Airport.
Hours of Work - 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Process Focus - Adhering to agreed legislative, company, customer, trade body and departmental standards
- Processing EMCOR’s payrolls as quickly and as accurately as possible.
- A hands-on role, involved with payroll processing, to ensure payments are made to employees accurately and on time
- Maximising personal knowledge of all payroll systems, IT systems and payroll legislation to ensure optimum use of all available resources
- Ability to organise personal workload to meet departmental deadline.
- Actively participating in Team Meetings, undertaking follow up actions as required.
Control Focus – facilitating audits, security and business continuity
- Providing sample data for all internal and external audits and answering queries raised by auditors.
- Working with employee data in a secure manner and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Providing payroll data to third parties only where the Company is legally obliged or legally able to do so, to maintain confidentiality and integrity of all payroll data.
- Modifying processes and procedures to enable the department to undertake business continuity/disaster recovery procedures
Finance focus - Contributing to the profitability of the organisation through the control of costs/resources
- Optimising personal productivity to ensure that the payroll team meets its Payroll Service level targets
- Working diligently to avoid errors on the payrolls and working with HR and site administrators to minimise all types of mistakes on the payroll. This will help reduce and ideally avoid overpayments, re-work, special runs and faster payments.
- Requesting BACS re-calls, manual re-calculations, special runs and faster payments, as required, to minimise the financial impact of errors on employees and Company Profit and Loss accounts.
- Considering the impact that payroll transactions have on the general ledger when making adjustments on the payroll.
- Ensuring that requests made to the payroll service provider are subsequently actioned on the payroll.
- Requesting re-calculations of payslips where necessary to determine overpayment values. Recording overpayments in the overpayment log. Working with HR to provide breakdowns of overpayments to assist with debt recovery from staff and former employees.
- Taking on and covering the work of colleagues who are on holiday, off sick or vacant posts to reduce the need to employ temporary staff.
Customer focus - Delivering quality customer service by understanding the customer’s needs, processes and priorities
- Providing assistance to site contacts and employees, when requested, to provide an effective payroll service to EMCOR’s sites.
- Liaising with the HR SS team to optimise the flow of payroll data both into and out of the payroll department.
- Answering employee queries, to ensure that employees are informed about their payments and deductions.
- Running reports and interface files on a regular and/or ad-hoc basis
- Liaising with HMRC, Courts and other third party contacts to ensure that employee records etc. are updated in a timely manner.
- Assisting with training site contacts
People focus - Ensuring a positive and consistent approach when interacting with others
- Working with other payroll team members to achieve an effective team environment that can respond to change.
- Willingness to participate as a full team member of which he/she is not necessarily a leader.
- Effectively contributing to the team, even when the team is working on something that is of no direct personal interest.
- Behaving in a courteous and professional manner when interacting with fellow team members and the Head of Payroll. Providing assistance to colleagues and sites when requested to do so.