We are currently recruiting for an Operational Buyer to join our Procurement team to cover the South. Primarily based from our EMCOR office in Eastleigh, Hampshire. Company car or car allowance is provided.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 9.00am - 5.00pm
- To provide a sustainable, cost effective Procurement service to the operational business units, supporting the Senior Operational Buyer in achieving business objectives
- To work with internal customers to obtain products & services from suppliers which offer value for money, with considerations of quality, service, sustainability and company policy and procedures, under the guidance of the Senior Operational Buyer. To assist the Commodity Team in the progression and implementation of preferred suppliers into the business, supporting the strategic objectives of the Procurement Department.
- Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with key approved suppliers.
- Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection.
- Review all new supplier requests and carry out credit and suitability checks.
- Seek to review and consolidate supplier spend across multiple sites, working closely with the Commodity Leads and other Operational Buyers.
- Manage internal customer relationships with key stakeholders.
- Procurement champion for procurement systems and procurement processes.
- Implement supplier improvement programmes within the contract.
- Provide a flexible responsive customer service.
- Maintain cost saving trackers for the contract.
- Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible.
- Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews.
- First point of escalation for supplier issues
- To support the contract teams with the implementation of new contracts, to ensure the provision of a first class service to the customer.
- Integration of BS8903/ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Provide clear communication lines to ensure that the contract teams are made aware of all strategic initiatives
- Minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms, conditions and preferred supplier agreements