We are currently recruiting a cleaning team leader on a 3 month fixed term contract to be based at Public Health England in Colindale, London.
This candidate must have a combination of cleaning technical skills for floor work in particular and people management skills. They must be able to use all types of cleaning machinery and be capable of leading a team.
Address: PHE Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5HT
Pay rate: £10 per hour
40 hrs per week, flexible start/finish time to be agreed during interview
Preferable hours:1st week 12.00-21.00, 2nd week 13.00-22.00 inc 1hr unpaid break TBC
- Able to inspire and motivate a team and drive through best practice
- Prioritise laboratory deep cleaning to ensure the agreed standards are met and maintained updating the electronic schedule and completing a full report after each clean for the Client to review to include before and after photos
- Ensure that the agreed standards are met and maintained for all accommodation areas completing weekly and monthly audits
- Responsible for managing health and safety for the cleaning team which includes raising safety observation reports and managing corrective actions, review and update RAMs /COSHH assessment ensuring fit for purpose and training out to teams, auditing team to ensure working safely, raising issues to line manager/ client, reporting all accident and incidents following EMCOR procedures
- Ensure that all staff are trained to the required standard and training records and matrix is kept up to date and audit ready
- Ensure any service shortfalls identified are managed effectively and reported to line manager and client if necessary
- Management of cleaning equipment ensuring that a full log is kept with locations, PAT test details, service records and checks.
- Management of cleaning consumables including working within budgets, stock control, raising orders
- Provide monthly report including KPIs to Account Services Manager
- To encourage great attitude and behaviours of each team member managing effectively and shortfalls with the team
- Attend client meetings as and when required
- Fully control sub-contracted services for window cleaning and feminine hygiene ensuring they are working to RAMs
- Increase visibility on site and strive to improve customer/ client relationships