We are recruiting an Authorising Engineer to join our compliance team on a permanent basis. Central/South Central England and location Flexible to suit. (Company car / allowance provided)
Reporting to the Senior Authoring Engineer, you will ensure that EMCOR UK continues to meet the needs of Statutory Instruments, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, and Recognised Industry Standards that unpin the technical delivery aspect of the Integrated Management System.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm
Job purpose: To provide assistance in ensuring that EMCOR UK complies with Statutory Instruments, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Recognised Industry Standards that unpin the technical delivery aspect of the Integrated Management System within the related disciplines:
- Ensuring correct implementation, monitoring, and auditing of Electrical Safe Systems of Work on contracts and sites that are allocated as a particular responsibility.
- Ensuring identification of appropriate training, assessment and auditing of Authorised Persons (Electrical)
- Ensuring correct implementation, monitoring and auditing of NICEIC procedures across the EMCOR UK contract portfolio.
- Providing guidance and support on technical issues as required to EMCOR UK business in general.
- Work with all business streams to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Assist Central Compliance Managers in support of H&S objectives relating to IOSH and Managers Safety Awareness Training.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct implementation of the EMCOR UK Safety Rules and Procedures for work on Electrical systems to reflect company policies and changes in legislation, as per certificate of appointment.
- Carry out monitoring and auditing associated with Electrical EMCOR UK Safe Systems of Work, including provision of annual audit programmes.
- Assess the experience, training and competence of Electrical Authorised Persons and provide recommendations of appointment as required.
- Provide technical and engineering support as necessary to ensure all Authorised Persons are able to carry out their duties.
- Act as the company management representative (PDH) and interface for the current NICEIC registration.
- Produce Technical Compliance Monthly Reports and Compliance Status Analysis as required.
- Provision of technical training as required in support of Safe Systems of work.
- Provision of professional surveys and external electrical consultancy services and offerings.
- Be responsible and proactive in Health and Safety, Security, Environmental and Technical Compliance issues that affect internal and external customers.
- Develop new opportunities with prospective customers independently and from leads developed through central Business Development.
- Support business development department through provision of data/information and also through site information gathering visits.
- Preparing monthly reports and a yearly summary of goals and achievements and assisting in development and implementation of the Technical Compliance Strategy.