We are recruiting a Facilities Operative for our client site based in Capenhurst, Chester.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm
Job Purpose: To work as part of a team to provide a range of services, primarily soft, across a range of facilities, including but not limited to Nuclear processing plants, plant rooms, storage areas, specific equipment and machinery, washrooms and front of house.
- Work to strict nuclear guidelines (Local Rules) and client procedures regarding techniques used to clean with the nuclear facilities.
- Undertake escorting of contractors/visitors and third parties as requested around the nuclear facilities.
- Participate in 5S culture to strive for world class standards of cleaning, and display this mindset in day to day activities.
- Carry out cleaning tasks to ensure the agreed standards are maintained for all accommodation covered by the cleaning schedule
- Carry out minor maintenance PPM tasks such as but not limited to emergency light testing, tap temperature testing, grounds maintenance etc...
- Ensure any repairs noticed during cleaning duties are reported to the Facilities Supervisor
- Ensure a timely response to any service shortfalls identified by the Facilities Supervisor
- Carry out additional or special cleans as instructed by the Facilities Supervisor, using equipment and chemicals appropriate to the task
- Ensure adequate stocks of consumables are available in nominated cleaning stores and where necessary requests for replenishments are submitted to Cleaning Supervisor in a timely manner
- Comply with all Statutory Regulations and EFS Instructions
- Ensure all employee responsibilities in the EMCOR Code of Conduct are complied with
- Comply with and work to all approved Risk Assessments, Method Statements and client safety documentation.
- Support and obtain Permit to Work when required for work activities.
- Proactively identify areas of risk and non compliance and highlight to their line managers and the client via the near miss reporting procedure and the client’s event reporting system.
- Undertake all reasonable tasks as directed by line manager or any other EMCOR manager.