We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Technician with a Mechanical bias for our client site based in Coningsby, Lincolnshire.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 08:00-16:30 (37.5hrs per week)
Overtime available on request paid at X1.5
Must be happy to work as part of an on call rota currently 1 in 4 - Minimum of 4 hours
- Provide general mechanical/ HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, EMCOR and site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the mechanical Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
- Support the Building Manager in the day to day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures, standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with:
EMCOR Integrated Management System
EMCOR Employee Handbook
EMCOR M&I Business Plan
EMCOR and Client Business Plan
Client Safety Procedures / Instructions
EMCOR / Client Contract
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
- Ensure you proactively maintain your levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks.
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Undertake an annual appraisal.
- Identify to your Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- Through innovation and vision identify any business opportunity and pass information to Line Manager.
- Assist in production of regular reports using IT reporting tools and analytical data.
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
Health & Safety:
- In conjunction with the HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects, identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure all staff attend and receive regular toolbox talks in accordance with local procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
- Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
- Support the Building Manager, providing information necessary to establish financial completion of accounts.
- Ensuring that the JDE ordering system is followed and that full accountability is available.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have an adaptable/flexible approach.
- Capable of obtaining the highest level of security clearance, currently DV.