We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our team, working with our client site based in Porton Down, Salisbury. The site boasts fantastic facilities, such as subsidised gym membership and onsite restaurants, and is located on the Salisbury plain with close links to the Salisbury cathedral and Stonehenge. This role will support our client in maintaining their critical defence sites and in making our customers’ lives easier. At Emcor we believe in the power of collaboration to build relationships, solve problems, improve performance and achieve real value.
Shift Pattern: Monday - Thursday between 8am-4.30pm with a 4pm finish on Fridays (37 hours per week)
Job Purpose: To ensure that the delivery of electrical aspects are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all of our direct and indirect clients.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record with (post apprenticeship) experience of planned maintenance in a highly regulated environment.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines and equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required.
- Taking an active part in the on call system, which may require the applicant to become an authorised person (Electrical, Confined Space or Pressure Systems).
- Conform to safety rules and apply good engineering and safety practices.
- Multi-skilled background with a good understanding of steam generation & HVAC systems. A good understanding of High Voltage systems would also be an advantage.
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP, (good manufacturing practice).
- The responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
- Provision of information on progress of allocated work orders.
- Adherence to all current company procedures.
- Adherence to the Quality Management System applied to all M&E systems.
- Developing of relationships with all clients and potential new customers and Work within a site team of 59 field and office based staff.
- Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value for money