We are recruiting an HSE Advisor / Manager for our client to cover 3 sites in Whiteley, Swanwick and Hedge End as and when required.
Working 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday between 08.30-16.30
- Introduce and manage H&S Co-ordinator Standards to the Hedge End Facility in keeping with the NATS Centres, albeit a scaled version to suit.
- Undertake supporting tasks for the CTC H&S Co-ordinator (working for NATS), reporting to the relevant committee meetings.
- Standardised reporting, alignment to NATS policies & contingency support for the Swanwick H&S function (NATS contingency).
- This role is responsible for the development and provision of regulatory advice, guidance and support to EMCOR and our Clients.
- To implement the company and clients corporate strategy for Health and Safety assurance
- To support the Regional and Site Managers with the management of Health, Safety and Environment throughout the clients UK portfolio and undertake accident investigations.
- To measure performance against the EMCOR and NATS H&S policy and identify good practice and areas for improvement where required.
- Liaise with other NATS/EMCOR locations across UK to ensure statutory compliance at all times and adhere to H&S & Compliance contract KPI’s/SLA’s
- To support in the preparation of HSE & Compliance reporting for the client as required and effective interface with client H&S team including joint audits.
- To support the Account Director and central EMCOR H&S/Compliance team in delivering excellence through EMCOR.
- Providing Customer Advice and Guidance
- Risk Assessment Pro-Active/Reactive/Reviews
- Meeting Attendance and preparation H&S Sub Committee/HSPRG
- Incident Investigation
- Audit/Record Retention
- Policy/Procedure Reviews
- Fire Risk Assessment Review and Action Tracker
- Active Monitoring/Inspections/Surveys/SLO Inspections
- Control of Contractors - RAMS Reviews - Monitoring
- Projects - Advice/Guidance
- LOLER/COSHH/DSE Provide support and advice to the Facilities Managers and contract teams to ensure their understanding and implementation of the Client’s and the Company’s health, safety & environmental systems and to assist in the preparation of adequate and effective Plans / Systems.
- Event Support
- Maintain and update training records
- Participate NATS Safety Committee
- Incident / Corrective Action Reporting (CTC, Prestwick, Swanwick)
- NATS policy & procedures / consistent standards
- Review EMCOR policy procedures & how H&S is delivered across estate
- Conduct independent inspections to ensure compliance with relevant standards is being achieved on the contract.
- Ensure that all statutory compliance certification is current and maintained.
- Preparation and presentation of effective health & safety training courses, seminars, induction and workshops in accordance with the Client and company policy.
- Provide a monthly safety report.
- Develop, maintain and improve working relationships with the client to ensure mutual trust and respect based on superior service delivery.
- Develop partnership working with service sub-contractors to ensure their outputs are managed in a positive and effective manner.
- Develop a culture of pro activity around health & safety provisions
- Demonstrate compliance to all applicable statutory standards relating to the operations of the property infrastructure
- Ensure promotion of and compliance with client contract, health, safety, environmental and procurement policies and provide documentary evidence.
- Investigate accidents resulting in injury, significant near miss incidents, SOR’s and dangerous occurrences
- Ensure workplace assessments, fire drills and accident prevention programs are implemented.
- Ensure all client-facing H&S services are efficient and of a high standard and provided in a timely manner.
- To ensure the delivery of HSE services as per the FM contract scope
- Undertake audits across the whole of the scope of FM service delivery.
- Ensure all services are delivered with the client & EMCOR policies and procedures.
- Support the Facilities Managers, M&E Contract Managers and Account Director to effectively co-ordinate the service
- Establish annual local activity compliance programmes; to include audits, inspections, document reviews
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of client requirements throughout the team
- Ensure qualifies for and maintains ISO registrations required in respect of systems
- Ensure site and supplier risk assessments are complete, appropriate and reviewed appropriately.
- Develop and implement control measures to mitigate potential risks and ensure staff are trained to understand hazards. Represent the account at relevant forums, EMCOR and Client
- Drive safety leadership and behavioural safety and up-hold the core values of the company, the client and Safety First, Second Nature.